Thursday 19 July 2012

The Modern Housewife

Dinner parties, impeccable manners, daytime baking, traditional values.

That's what my book-in-the-making will be full of. Yes, I'm fully aware that I am going in the opposite direction to the feminist movement, but the way I see it, they rebelled against society so the women of the future could have the luxury of choice. So we could vote, so we could show off our ankles, so we could have careers of our own. So we could decide for ourselves.

And in order to repay them, I'm using my choice to honour them, the women who were the most feminine women in history. Who valued manners and appearance above all. Who valued and cherished their families and children. Who were elegant, polite and graceful. A combination of their values and my choice will result in The Modern Housewife, the future etiquette book for the modern lady, recipes, traditions, manners and how-to's. 


So, what do you think? Would you buy it?