Sunday 4 November 2012

Boot Up

So far this Autumn I've been on a never-ending hunt for the perfect pair of winter boots. But the problem I always encounter with things like boots, handbags and coats is that the majority of the things on offer are trend-led. And this is not always ideal for me. See, my legs are pretty spindly from the knee down and they are super short. So cute little flat ankle boots don't work for me. And guess what's in fashion this fall?! Cute little flat ankle boots. I think the fashion trap is one we all fall into at some time or another, and while I absolutely adore fashion, it doesn't always love me back.

So rather than being another cute little flat ankle boot girl this Autumn, I've dug out my old faithful Hudson boots, taken them to the cobblers to be re-soled and revived and they'll be my boots for the third year running. I bought them in 2008 and this is the first time they've been re-soled (at the cheap price of £18) so add that to their original cost of £169.99 (ouch, I know) and divide it by the amount of times I've worn them over the years, I think I'm racking up a pretty good cost-per-wear average. The thing I like most about Hudson is that their designs are not trend-led, they are wearable and timeless. My boots are three years old and they're still stocking them, if that's not longevity I don't know what it.  Buy yours here or just have a general browse of their website. I'm currently coveting a pair of these for their gorgeous design and the fact I know how long they'll last.

Conclusion? Spend more on something with fabulous quality which you'll wear for longer.

Three Years Old 

I Couldn't Fault The Quality

Even If You Paid Me

Thank You Hudson.