Saturday 3 November 2012

It's All In The Eyes

Happy Saturday! I've been asked a bit recently about my eyebrows and where I get them done, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to brows! I'm a firm believer of beauty being in the details - brows, nails, perfume, the little things which help the big things be big! I am also a firm believer in doing things for yourself which is why I do my own brows and nails! I've tried pretty much every brow pencil under the sun (small exaggeration), including 17, No7, MAC and (in a dire time I'd rather not remember) Collection 2000. What I found about each and every brow pencil was their tendency to look waxy and shiny which is never a good look. Us brunettes have to be careful as well to avoid anything with a red tone to it, because in natural light it can appear auburn very quickly. Much as I love ginger hair, when you're a natural brunette you do not want ginger brows.

This week, I made a trip to Bobbi Brown, a brand which I have always loved, mainly for their fabulous concealer and setting powders. I walked away with an eye shadow called Saddle and an eyebrow brush because the lovely lady assured me that using shadow and an angled brush on brows gives a much more natural and polished finish than a pencil. So after a mini-demo and hope of fabulous brows, I purchased both items. And I have never been more impressed! The pigment in the eye shadow is fantastic, which means my brows were filled to perfection without the waxy bold line I've encountered with pencils and the angled brush kept the shape of them really well. All in all, brow success!

As well as my eternal hunt for perfect brows, I've been chasing the perfect mascara for years! I've literally tried them all - Rimmel, No7, Clinique, The Body Shop, MAC, Dior, L'Oreal and Benefit. All of them were completely wrong for me! I've been happily settled with my Maybelline Falsies Mascara for about a year now, it's the best one I've ever used and it's great value. It lasts ages and the brush is big, fat and curved so it's great for lengthening and thickening lashes. I always curl my lashes before applying mascara then apply a few coats. Try it yourself, I promise you won't look back! Here's a few snaps to finish:

My Eye Kit: 
Bobbi Brown Saddle Shadow
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Bobbi Brown Eye Brow Brush

Eyes:
Bobbi Brown Saddle Brows
No Mascara

Eyes:
Bobbi Brown Saddle Brows
Maybelline Falsies Mascara