Monday 19 November 2012

The Little Black Jacket

Hello Lovelies! Starting off as usual with an apology for my lack of posts this week...but I have a good excuse - I've been in Paris! The highlight of my trip was my morning in the Karl Lagerfeld exhibition of The Little Black Jacket which was absolutely amazing. The exhibition was in London a few weeks ago at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, and what with Chanel and Chelsea being two of my very most favourite things I was so upset when I thought I'd missed it, but then I saw the advert for the exhibition in Paris! It was at Le Grand Palais which is where Chanel hold their fashion shows during Paris Fashion Week and this was my second visit to the venue. It really is a stunning building; elegant, detailed, cultural and historical, it's just so Chanel. 

The exhibition was curated perfectly, and featured celebrities, muses, icons and new faces. Words cannot describe the beautiful simplicity - it was just so completely Karl. Before I over-describe, or under-whelm the exhibition, I shall cut straight to the photographs and let you see for yourself a snippet of The Little Black Jacket.



Le Grand Palais


We've been best friends since we were four


Inside


Kirsten Dunst
How kind of Karl to give away prints of this poster?


Chanel Babies


The wonderful Yoko Ono



Who else? Fabulous Anna Wintour.


SJP








The roof of Le Grand Palais

xxx