Wednesday 3 October 2012

Splash Of Colour

When it comes to colour, on the whole I'm a scaredy cat. I love blacks, whites, greys, the odd khaki or navy, but that's about it. You'll never see me in turquoise or any lovely zingy colours. They're just not me. Which is why I love throwing on a patterned scarf as a way of brightening up an outfit. My fail safe outfit tends to be jeans and a jumper. Current favourite fail safe is black jeans, black heeled boots and a grey jumper. However, it can look a bit samey same, so I like to lift it with my (one of my many) favourite scarves. This one is the most hardworking accessory I own. It was a gift from a friend when she went to Turkey so I know Topshop haven't knocked out a million like it. When it comes to scarves and more statement pieces, I always think it's best to buy away from the beaten track. If you want a stand-out scarf, necklace, bag, bracelet or whatever, buy it from somewhere new! Somewhere no one else knows about! Buy them on holiday, in one-off boutiques, from little indie websites.

Anyway, here's my fail safe outfit from today! Enjoy your scarf hunting!

Fail Safe Jumper: H&M (here it is)
Scarf: Turkish Market

Black Skinny Jeans: Topshop (here)
Boots: Dune

Watch: Rolex