Friday 19 October 2012

Tweed and Fur

Faux fur, obviously. Today's outfit of the ever classic blue jeans and jumper was my standard uniform. Topped off with this tweed jacket! I've rootled around my Mum's collection of vintage designer wonders (where they all come from I don't know) and found this Laura Ashley tweed coat! Not quite as designer as the fabulous Nicole Fahri LBD (pictures will definitely follow), but lovely all the same.

The real gem here is the faux-fur collar. I'm so happy with my recent purchase! H&M have started twirling out these lovely faux fur collars in black and brown and burgundy for only £12.99, they're the perfect update for any coat or jumper! I strongly recommend you all pick one up asap before they sell out, I've worn mine most days since purchasing it! They're online here.

The bag is by a brand called Umpie Bags. Based in North Yorkshire (yes, just down the road from me!), they're a fabulous brand and they design and manufacture all their products in England! I had the priviledge of visiting their studio in Northallerton for a meeting with work and it was amazing! The Umpleby sisters (Alison, Joanna and Ruth) are all lovely and it was a pleasure to meet them and see the brand first hand in their studio. There's a bit more about them here.

Anyway, here's a few snaps of today's outfit:


Tweed and Fur

The Faux Fur Collar

Leigh Skinny Jeans in Light Blue from Topshop
Ballet Flats from H&M

My Umpie Bag