Wednesday 8 August 2012

Kate Curls

Something I have never ever been bothered to do is curl my hair. It's just always been such a hassle, with my hair being SO heavy and thick, curls just drop out. Hence my lazy attitude towards curls. Much as I love them on others, whenever I've had curls they've always needed at least half a can of hairspray to stay in anyway (I HATE the crunchy hair feeling) so I simply avoided them.

However. As you may, or may not, know Kate Middleton is my ultimate all-time icon. And she has curls. Perfect, bouncy, salon-blow-dry curls. I knew I needed to find a way round my aversion to curls. So, after a good hour long battle with the GHDs and a masterful technique...I conquered my naughty locks and managed to get them to stay!

My favourite part about it was that after ignoring the hairspray (as a matter of stubborn principle), during the afternoon the curls started to drop from Salon Queen to Casual Princess! Needless to say, I was delighted. The morning result was clean, polished and regal, the evening result was tousled, effortless and a piece of cake.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2