Monday 13 August 2012

The Closing Ceremony of London 2012

Where should I even begin? The electrifying opening from Emile Sande? Her gorgeous green dress? Stomp banging it out on their amazing makeshift percussion? One Direction? The John Lennon jigsaw? Kate Middleton? Jessie J, Taio Cruz and Tinie Tempah rolling around in convertible Rolls Royce's? Fatboy Slim in a giant octopus? Boris' dad dancing? The supermodel parade? The designs? THE SPICE GIRLS PERHAPS? 

There are absolutely no words to describe the surreal evening that was the Closing Ceremony. It is my honest belief that Rio, or any other country in the world for that matter, will ever be able to top the London 2012 Closing Ceremony. The evening was a phenomenal tribute to the athletes who have worked so hard for so long to be there, to compete there, to win there. I watched most of the evening through teary eyes and bursts of dancing and singing along to the performers and can safely say, it is the best TV I have ever watched.

So, before I start crying (again), here are a few of my favourite images from the night.
Enjoy! xox